Additional registration for all distances of this year’s event will start at 20:00 and it will last until May 23 or until the limits of places are reached. At the same time, we would like to inform you that we have analyzed new information from the Ministry of Culture, National Heritage and Sport on defrosting mass sport and we have made a decision on further (!) changes related to our event.
“Biegi w Szczawnicy” will be held on June 18-21, 2021. In the formula of the individual race, with the possibility of starting at any time during these three days (Dziki Groń and Niepokorny Mnich – for these routes all nutrition points are provided only on Saturday, June 19). We run along a marked route, with time measurement, medical protection, GOPR and we provide almost all services planned for the 2020 edition.
Due to the prolonged lockdown and related complications (including the closing of the accommodation base), we decided to change the date of our event. We expect the hotels to remain closed in the coming weeks, and even if they were to open a few days before the race, operating in such precarious conditions makes it very difficult, and sometimes impossible, for both you and us to prepare for the race.
Below you will find links to the detailed regulations, to the most important assumptions of the event, as well as a link to the registration system, where you can make the necessary changes to your packages. When creating the assumptions of “Biegi w Szczawnicy 2021”, we were guided by the current situation to reflect the atmosphere of the event as faithfully as possible, and at the same time to provide you with appropriate support, fun and safety.
In recent years, we have promoted our event with the slogan “adventure begins here”. However, a year has passed since the first covid lockdown and we have the impression that the slogan “adventure that never ends” would be more appropriate now. It’s kind of fun, but at the same time exhausting, to keep such a large project under the drip for so many months. With each change of the date, we counted on the fact that the new one would allow us to organize the event in a classic formula, with a mass start, competition at the highest level and unique energy, which we create together with you during this one weekend. It was something we did not want to give up at all costs. But time is passing and the date of the release of such big events as ours seems very distant, so we decided that the moment has come when this approach needs to be adapted to the possibilities …
Due to the mounting difficulties in recent days, we decided to cancel the event scheduled for 14-15. November 2020. In the current conditions, with the rapidly decreasing number of volunteers, the loss of some coordinators and rescuers who go to quarantine, as well as in the face of bottlenecks in the health service, increasing the risk of death of participants who, after a potential accident, might not receive appropriate assistance on time, we decided to cancel the competition. We were able to cope with legal uncertainty, resigning sponsors, a lot of restrictions or reorganization of the entire event, but without employees and volunteers we are not able to organize the event, and without the appropriate number of rescuers and the current state of health care, we are not able to properly secure the race.
While the lockdown in March, 5 weeks before the revent planned in April, was a surprise for us and found us in the middle of the implementation, we have been preparing for the current scenario for the last six months, so we present the following options that apply to all runners registered for the 2020 edition, 2021 and those who have already withdrawn from participation, receiving a 60% refund of the entrance fee:
– 100% refund of the starting fee for each participant, regardless of whether the person has a paid package for the 2020 (November) or 2021 (April) edition or both;
– up to 100% reimbursement of the starting fee for people who previously incurred the costs of resignation or changing the distance;
– the possibility of leaving the application for the 2021 edition or transferring it from the 2020 edition (directly or with a change in distance);
In the coming days, we will inform you about the method of carrying out the entire process and about the applicable deadlines, we will send a message to the city authorities and the residents of Szczawnica with a request for a favorable approach to moving or resigning from your accommodation, and then we will successively start refunding starting fees and any changes. Please be patient, the entire process involves nearly 3,000 people, so it may take until the end of November.
Take care of yourself, stay healthy, and cross your fingers so we can meet in April 2021.
Due to the introduction of a state of emergency in Slovakia and the ban on the organization of sports events, we had to change the route of the rebellious monk, excluding the entire foreign part. The alternative version of the route has very similar parameters (96 km, +4236 m / -4236 m) and is as follows:
In recent days, we have received the most important approvals and opinions for us regarding the conduct of the event in November, so we can communicate our assumptions allowing to implement the event in the current conditions related to the SARS-Cov-2 epidemic. However, you have to remember, as we were also informed by various offices and sanepid, that the guidelines may be changed and we will have to adapt to the new conditions.
April is beautiful this year. Amazing. Some trees already release juicy spring green, while others develop white buds making the mountain slopes covered with forest look almost fabulous. On most days the temperature reaches 20 degrees, the singing birds drown out the thoughts, and the setting sun in the cloudless sky wonderfully sharpens all mountain ridges.
Please read the following message calmly and carefully!
In the registration system: https://zapisy.strefaprzygod.pl/en/changes-2020 – there is a form available that will allow you to make changes regarding the package for the event.
– You can make your decision by May 31, 2020 (after discussions with you we have extended this deadline).
– Peacefully consider all options (you have time until 31 May 2020), read the rules (included in the form). After this date, we will no longer make additional changes (excluding the situations described in the Annex to the Regulations).
– The Annex to the Regulations is available here.
– We are adding a NEW COURSE: 32 km (+ 1500 / -1500 m) – for those of you who do not want to run long distances in November, and 10 or 20 km is not enough for them. We’ll give you details and course profile later this week.
We remind you that you have several options:
– Participation in the event on a new date (November 14, 2020) on the same route.
– Participation in the event on a new date (November 14, 2020), but on a different route than the one originally selected.
– Participation in the event in 2021 (date: April 24, 2021).
– Transferring the package to another person.
– Cancellation and refund of 60% of the paid entry fee.
Detailed information on individual options can be found under the link in the form and in the appendix to the regulations! Before asking us a question – please – read the new rules and details – they will dispel your doubts!
No rush, no limit of entries, each of you can make his or her decision.
Please direct any questions to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org